Disclaimer: “ Defence News Nigeria is not Linked to Defence Headquarters and Armed Forces Of Nigeria – DHQ
Olayemi Esan, AbujaThe Defence Headquarters has drawn the attention of the media and general public...

Olayemi Esan, AbujaThe Defence Headquarters has drawn the attention of the media and general public to a misleading report, authored by the so called ‘Defense News Nigeria’, on the “acquisition of 8 state-of-the-art armed attack drones last week”. Coordinator Defence Media Operations, Major General John Enenche said this in a statement in Abuja of Friday. He said, “while the report contains some factual elements, it also contains several inaccuracies as well as faulty analysis on the status of relations between Nigeria and its international allies in the fight against insurgency”.Enenche said, “Ordinarily, the Defence Headquarters (DHQ) would not have responded to such report since the individual is a private entity with no links whatsoever to the DHQ or the Armed Forces of Nigeria (AFN)”.He added that, “ for the benefit of the general public and our international partners, it is necessary to reiterate that ‘Defense News Nigeria’ and/or @DefenseNigeria are not official news outlets of the AFN.“ The views expressed in this piece/tweet and others in the blog/Twitter handle are the personal opinions of the writer(s) and do not reflect the position of the AFN or the Federal Government of Nigeria”. Enenche added that, “Members of the public are therefore advised to treat the publication with caution and to please note the DHQ’s official social media handles given below: a. Website: www.defenceinfo.mil.ng b. Twitter: @DefenceInfoNG and @ defencemediaops c Facebook: Defence Headquarters Nigeria and Directorate of Defence Media Operations d. Instagram: defencehq and defence_media_operations

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *