We all feel down after we have failed, that is a natural human response and is inevitable. Sometimes you need to fall to know how to stand back up. We humans need failure in our life, it makes us rethink, reconsider and find new ways and strategies to achieve our goals.
Failures are lessons. What you can draw out of each failure is experience and knowledge that will help you succeed better.
In order to get your motivation back:
- Accept that you were wrong, evaluate, learn and move on.
- Shift your focus to the journey of where you want to be.
- Remember why you started in the first place? What is the purpose of what you wanted to achieve? Remember the last time you had the feeling of sweet success, that the exact feeling will be relived after you have pushed through such a tough time.
- See the bigger picture, trust that there exists an ultimate purpose which you will come to comprehend soon.
- Replace your thoughts with a different thought. Imagine the ideal resolution to your problem playing out. By changing your thoughts you may not be able to change the situation but you can at least change the way you believe the situation is affecting you.